Partials and Full Dentures for Patients in Clearwater, FL
Partials, like full dentures, can replace teeth that were lost due to trauma or neglect. Full dentures can take the place of all natural teeth, while partials are custom designed to replace one or more missing teeth on either the upper or lower jaw. If you’d like to fill the gaps in your smile, the gentle dentists at Florida Dental Centers in Clearwater, Florida, can help. Whether you need a partial, full denture, or any other type of dentistry, you’ll be pleased to know that we have a full-service, in-house clinic and laboratory where your customized solution will be handcrafted just for you.
In general, there are two different types of partials: fixed and removable. To determine which would be best for you, your dentist at Florida Dental Centers in Clearwater, FL, will take into account a number of factors, including the condition of your teeth surrounding the gap, as well as your personal preferences. While your dentist will fully explain all of your options during a personal consultation, here is some basic information about each type of partial:
- Fixed – Fixed partials, or dental implant bridges, can permanently affix artificial teeth directly to the jaw with a dental crown, or beneath the gum tissue with a dental implant.
- Removable – Removable partials, or removable dental bridges, can fill a gap between two healthy teeth with replacement teeth that are attached to a gum-colored plastic base. To help keep them in place, removable partials are connected to natural teeth with a metal framework.
Both fixed and removable partials offer numerous benefits. Whichever option you and your dentist ultimately choose, you can expect your new partial to:
- Make it easier for you to speak and chew
- Decrease your risk of developing periodontal disease
- Prevent your teeth from shifting around in your mouth
- Reduce the stress being exerted on your jaw
- Support the shape of your face
If you’d like to consult with a dentist about partials, please contact Florida Dental Centers to schedule an appointment. We look forward to welcoming you to our office in Clearwater, FL, and meeting all of your dental needs.