Porcelain veneers ($999), are thin all-porcelain wafers or pieces placed over the front teeth to change the color or shape of the teeth.
It is common for people to have imperfect teeth, either oddly shaped teeth, chipped teeth, crooked teeth, teeth with small holes in them or an inappropriate sized tooth. Veneers are ideal for teeth that are too small or have uneven surfaces. Porcelain veneers solve such irregularities and create a pleasing smile.
Material developments and layering techniques have made porcelain veneers aesthetically pleasing.
Veneers are not an option for heavily filled or decayed teeth.
Benefits of Veneers:
- Less tooth reduction required than crowns
- Typically veneers are difficult to stain and durable
- Correct the alignment of teeth; “instant braces”
- Brightens your smile and improves self-esteem
- Has translucence and texture similar to natural enamel
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Lengthens and reshapes teeth
- Repairs chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth
- Covers tetracycline stains and other discolorations such as fluorosis