The Importance of Regular Dental Checkups Explained by the Dentists at Florida Dental Centers in Pinellas Park, FL
Do you have regular dental checkups? If not, you should. The dentists at Florida Dental Centers in Pinellas Park, FL, understand that most people are very busy. We also understand that going to the dentist is not everyone’s idea of a good time. But, periodic dental checkups can reduce your risk of developing a variety of health issues. Therefore, we encourage everyone to dedicate approximately one hour of their time every six months to enhancing their oral health and quality of life.
Some people are skeptical about the value of dental checkups — especially if “nothing hurts” at the moment — and that’s quite understandable. However, the cost of putting off dental care can be significant in terms of both your wallet and your peace of mind. Here are some important reasons to have routine dental checkups, which we can provide at our office in Pinellas Park, Florida:
- Early detection of oral cancer
- Removal of plaque and tartar buildup on teeth, which can cause cavities
- Diagnosis and treatment of early-stage gingivitis, an infection that can lead to gum disease
- Identification and correction of bad habits, such as chewing ice, biting fingernails, grinding teeth, brushing too hard, and smoking
- Detection of issues lurking under the surface with mouth and jaw X-rays
If it’s been a while since you’ve seen a dentist, we invite you to schedule an appointment at Florida Dental Centers. At our office in Pinellas Park, FL, we provide comprehensive dental checkups as well as reasonably priced solutions for fillings, crowns, bridges, dental implants, dentures, root canals, oral surgeries, veneers, periodontal treatments, and more. Our goal is to improve the health and appearance of our patients’ smiles. If you’ve been lax about your dental care up until now, we promise we won’t judge you. Contact us today, and we’ll be happy to get you up to speed again.