Enhance Your Smile With Porcelain Veneers in Clearwater, FL
Veneers are thin wafers of tooth-colored porcelain that can be permanently bonded to front teeth. The goal of this procedure is to create a more aesthetically pleasing smile. Utilizing intricate layering techniques, the dentists at Florida Dental Centers in Clearwater, Florida, can place porcelain veneers to address a variety of cosmetic issues, such as teeth that are discolored, chipped, crooked, misshapen, or too small.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Constructed of highly advanced materials, today’s porcelain veneers:
- Have a texture and translucence similar to natural tooth enamel
- Can whiten and brighten teeth that have become permanently stained due to years of smoking, drinking coffee, or eating highly pigmented foods
- Can mask tetracycline stains and other tooth discolorations, such as dental fluorosis
- Can serve as “instant braces” to improve the alignment of slightly crooked teeth
- Can effectively close a small gap between two teeth
- Can lengthen or reshape teeth
- Can repair chipped teeth
- Are well-tolerated by gum tissue
- Require less natural tooth reduction than dental crowns
- Are highly durable and resistant to staining
While porcelain veneers offer many advantages, this type of dental restoration is generally not suitable for covering heavily filled or decayed teeth.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
To learn more about porcelain veneers, contact Florida Dental Centers to request an appointment today. At our state-of-the-art office in Clearwater, FL, you can talk with an experienced dentist about what you like—and don’t like—about your teeth. After taking into account many different factors, such as your personality, your facial expressions, and your natural smile vs. your “social” smile, your dentist can make customized recommendations to help you achieve the appearance you want. Rather than making your teeth look perfect or too good to be true, we will skillfully enhance your smile while carefully maintaining its unique character.